Tuesday, 12 November 2013

BLOG POST #3: REFLECTION ON TEAM-BASED RESEARCH PROJECT PROPOSAL


Over the course of 6-7 weeks in crafting out the team-based proposal, there were a number of essential takeaway points that I had gathered. Firstly in a group work, there were bound to be differences in opinions amongst team members towards the subject of focus. Nonetheless, I was glad that this obstacle was surmounted whereby we sat down and exchanged the ideas that we had in mind. Subsequent weighing of the pros and cons behind our various ideas was also essential in deciding the most effective means of presenting our proposal. In addition, it was also when some of our ideas were combined together that our proposal was better presented. Through this, I have learnt the importance of respecting others’ opinions as careful consideration could possibly lead to a brand new idea that I personally would never have thought of. This would be a classic example of how brainstorming can lead to development of new ideas in the working industry and possibly place a company ahead of others. 

However, there were some aspects that I felt that my team could improve on. While we delegated tasks that were to be completed by a certain deadline, these were not adhered to and pushed to the last minute. Sometimes, certain team members had to take over the workload from other members, resulting in extra burden and stress especially when the deadline of submission was approaching. In retrospect, I felt that this could be improved on if there was greater commitment on every member’s part to contribute to the proposal. This could be facilitated by active communication through emails and sms messages where we could remind each other of our tasks and push for the completion of the allocated tasks. Similarly, these skills of active communication are undoubtedly applicable in future workplace settings whereby it is of utmost importance to work together as a team and understand each other's commitments in order to complete the task at hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment